- WHO: All interested 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
- WHAT: The STAND (Students Together Against Drugs and Alcohol) program at NRMS is a fun and interactive club that exercises positive problem and decision making skills. This club also provides accurate information regarding the dangers of using drugs and alcohol all while helping develop and enhance healthy living skills.
- GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERSHIP:Maintain good citizenship and good work habits. Be cooperative and willing to support STAND activities. Be willing to meet before & after school to work on STAND projects. Remain Drug and Alcohol free. Students who are willing to STAND together against negative decisions can join at any point throughout the year.
- WHEN: We meet in the Purple Gym on Tuesdays, once a month, 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. At these meetings we discuss the choices we make and how to make good ones. We invite all members to various outings throughout the year. Examples of these are roller skating in the fall, tobogganing in the winter, and midnight bowling in the spring.
- HOW: Come to our meetings. We understand not everyone can attend all the meetings. Come whenever you can. We’d love to see you!
Meeting Dates information, the STAND application, and the STAND contract are available at the links provided to the right.