Welcome to Royal View Elementary School! I am thrilled to once again have the opportunity to work with such a wonderful group of people at a building recognized nationally and statewide for academic excellence. I eagerly look forward to working with all of you to continue Royal View’s standing as a model school for elementary buildings at the local, state and national levels.
Thank you for entrusting your child to us. It is our goal to provide each student with the academic and social opportunities deemed necessary to become fully functioning individuals in a global community. To help us as we strive for this goal, the staff members at Royal View have developed a school improvement plan that is reviewed annually. Our goals for the school year are:
1. All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining Adequate Yearly Progress, in the area of reading and language arts.
2. All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining Adequate Yearly Progress, in the area of mathematics.
3. All staff members will be provided the opportunity to meet frequently throughout the year as Teacher Based Teams (TBT's) to engage in meaningful discussions about student performance on common assessments and instructional best practices.
4. All staff members will cultivate a building-wide atmosphere of collaboration through consistent grade level team meetings to discuss student progress, interventions and performance on benchmark assessments.
5. All students and staff members will cultivate a building-wide culture of positive behavior support through engagement in the "Royal Pride" program that rewards students who are respectful, responsible and active learners.
In addition, literacy development is one of the most important goals for the staff at Royal View Elementary. Every staff member at our building is committed to building and sustaining a school culture in which high quality literacy instruction for all students is our most important priority.
To achieve our goal of literacy for all, Royal View Elementary embraces a balanced, comprehensive approach to literacy. Our approach will be guided by educational research aimed at increasing students’ ability to make personal connections to the world by preparing them to become successful participants in a global society. Rigorous and relevant instruction in listening, oral language development, reading, writing, and presentation skills will form the foundation needed across all grade levels to build strong, motivated, literate students.
At Royal View, we believe that parents, teachers, and students working together is of the utmost importance in helping us achieve all of our goals. Please feel free to visit our school and talk with any of our staff members. It is our desire to work together so that Royal View can continue to be an inviting place where your child can "learn and grow."
This upcoming school year will once again be filled with both great rewards and challenges. I look forward to working together to make a positive impact in the lives of our students.
Kirk V. Pavelich, Principal
Royal View Elementary
13220 Ridge Road
North Royalton, OH 44133